Part II: Protravel International Shines as an Official 10th Anniversary Sponsor of the 2017 Food Network & Cooking Channel New York City Wine & Food Festival Presented by Coca-Cola
Protravel Brings a Taste of Its Luxury Leisure and Corporate Travel Services Straight to Local Gourmets at the Grand Tasting presented by ShopRite
New York, NY (October 25, 2017) — The sponsorship by Protravel International – the travel industry’s leading luxury travel agency with an award-winning reputation – of the 2017 Food Network & Cooking Channel New York City Wine & Food Festival presented by Coca-Cola (NYCWFF) was a success, raising funds for two of the nation’s leading hunger-relief organizations. Protravel’s sponsorship included assembling six travel packages with its supplier partners, which were auctioned at six select dinners with world-renowned chefs. The dinner guests bid generously with the proceeds of $21,900 benefitting the Food Bank For New York City and No Kid Hungry®. Read more about Protravel International’s sponsorship in the first part of its news release here.
Auctioning our unique travel packages for the NYCWFF’s charitable cause was an important part of our sponsorship and was personally dear to all of us at Protravel International
– Gail Grimmett, President of Protravel International
To showcase its exceptional travel services, Protravel hosted a table at the festival’s signature Grand Tasting presented by ShopRite, featuring Samsung® Culinary Demonstrations presented by Mastercard® at Pier 94. There, Protravel also offered a photo contest to local gourmets who came to celebrate the NYCWFF’s 10th anniversary from October 13-15.
“Auctioning our unique travel packages for the NYCWFF’s charitable cause was an important part of our sponsorship and was personally dear to all of us at Protravel International,” said Gail Grimmett, President of Protravel International. “With our sponsorship, we wanted to contribute to ending hunger, while also bringing the joy of travel to the festival’s dinner guests and Grand Tasting visitors alike. Our relationship with the NYCWFF is a result of the incredible travel services our Protravel agent, Carol Press, and her team have provided to the chefs, sponsors and their guests this year, as well as in the preceding nine years for its sister festival, the Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival. We are looking forward to continuing our collaboration with the NYCWFF in the future, since the desire to taste the flavors of the world harmonizes with our belief that travel brings the world closer.”
Protravel’s executive team members attended six select dinners where at five its unique travel prizes were auctioned to benefit the Food Bank For New York City and No Kid Hungry:
- Michele Capaccio, Protravel’s Senior Vice President of Operations, attended the dinner prepared by the famous chefs Gabrielle Hamilton and Nancy Silverton on Thursday, October 12. During the evening, a three-night stay at the Four Seasons Punta Mita on Mexico’s Riviera Nayarit was auctioned.
- On Thursday, October 12, Jason Oshiokpekhai, Protravel’s Director of Sales and Business Development, had the opportunity to enjoy an exquisite meal prepared by actress Debi Mazar, and famous chefs Gabriele Corcos and Beatrice Tosti at the Tavern on the Green. Protravel’s auction prize at this venue was an all-inclusive seven-night stay at the Chilko Experience Exclusive Wilderness Resort in British Columbia for two.
- Asmita Singh, Protravel’s Vice President of Marketing, attended the exclusive dinner with legendary chef Gastón Acurio and up-and-coming chef Mitsuharu “Micha” Tsumura on Friday, October 13. Protravel auctioned a three-night stay at the Grace Bay Club, Turks & Caicos.
- The dinner with renowned chefs Marc Forgione and Jorge Espinoza was hosted at Scarpetta on Friday, October 13. Before dessert, Jeffrey Sirota, Protravel’s Senior Director of Industry Partnerships and Leisure Operations, presented a seven-night AmaWaterways wine-themed luxury river cruise to the auction winner.
- At the dinner with world-famous chef Michael White and the chef from Le Sirenuse Antonio Mermolia, on Saturday, October 14, Laura D’Angelo, Protravel’s Vice President of Sales Operations and Agent Support, was proud to represent Protravel International as an anniversary sponsor.
- During the dinner with the famed Paul Kahan and Marc Vetri at 21 Club, on Saturday, October 14, Marni Becker, Protravel’s Senior Director of Cruise Sales, had the honor to present to two auction winners a three-night stay at the Chablé Wellness Resort & Destination Spa in Yucatan, Mexico, and a one-week stay for two at the Borgo Gaggioletto in eastern Tuscany, Italy, respectively.
During the Grand Tasting presented by ShopRite at Pier 94, Protravel had a team of its best-in-class travel professionals showcase its sophisticated luxury leisure and corporate travel services to attendees from October 13-15. During that time, all festival guests could participate in Protravel’s photo contest for a chance to win one of three additional travel prizes, including a GoPro HERO Session 8.0 MP action camera.
Together with its supplier partners, Protravel assembled two special trips for the lucky photo contest winners, who entered by posting their favorite festival dish via social media:
- A two-night weekend stay at the Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York, in a deluxe king room, plus one complimentary dinner for two at the Lambs Club.
- A two-night stay for two at the Carlyle, a Rosewood Hotel, New York, in a deluxe king room, plus complimentary dinner for two at the Carlyle Restaurant.
“Protravel has been an exceptional sponsor and made our 10th Food Network & Cooking Channel New York City Wine & Food Festival truly memorable for our guests by contributing the select travel prizes, as well as showcasing their vast knowledge of luxury leisure and corporate travel services,” said Lee Brian Schrager, Festival Founder and Director. “We hope to continue our collaboration with Protravel in the future to further enrich our guests’ experience.”
With an award-winning reputation, Protravel International is a recognized leader in corporate and luxury travel. Protravel was founded in 1984 and is headquartered in New York City. With annual sales reaching close to $1 billion last year, it has grown into 20 locations throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, plus a network of hosted agents throughout the U.S.
# # #
About Protravel International LLC:
Protravel International LLC is a Travel Leaders Group company. Founded in 1984, Protravel International LLC is a full-service, dynamic travel company with an award-winning reputation. With annual sales reaching close to $1 billion, Protravel is headquartered in New York City and supports 20 locations throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, plus a network of hosted agents in all corners of the U.S. Today, approximately 1,000 people make up the Protravel organization. Our expertise in destination, international faring and competitive products – coupled with our superior network of contacts in the airline, hotel, cruise and hospitality industry – makes Protravel one of the most powerful selling forces in the travel industry.
Protravel’s diversity of products, size of annual sales and nationally recognized stature permits them to leverage these strengths to bring the most competitive pricing and aggressive negotiations for our highly diverse client base. It is a company-wide commitment to search for the best possible travel options for our customers. Travel arrangements are personally tailored to take optimum advantage of the most up to the minute changes in the industry.
For many years, a dedicated team has guided Protravel with innovative ideas and skills. By incorporating the latest technologies and carefully monitoring industry developments, the finest products and highest levels of service are maintained. The continued success of Protravel is a testament to our sound operation and well-planned development.