10 Apr Travelers’ Opinions Sought on Hot Topics Impacting Travel
Annual consumer travel trends survey from Travel Leaders Group asks about airport security satisfaction, perception of Americans abroad and travel safety issues, plus dream destinations
Plymouth, MN (April 10, 2017) – To gain the current pulse of the American traveling public, the nation’s largest retail travel agency company has launched its annual, nationwide consumer travel trends survey, asking travelers how many topical issues – ranging from recent terror attacks to airport security – may be impacting their travel plans. Travel Leaders Group (www.travelleadersgroup.com) is also asking travelers about their top dream destinations, their use of vacation time and whether they check-in with work while away, as well as a series of questions pertaining to unique travel dilemmas and proper etiquette.
All consumers are invited to complete the survey (http://bit.ly/2oQI0sC), which is completely anonymous and will be live throughout April.
“‘How are Americans feeling about traveling internationally?’ is the most-asked question posed to us by journalists, particularly due to a perception that travelers could be treated differently because of our country’s politics. We want to know if this is changing the dynamic in their travel planning decisions,” stated Travel Leaders Group CEO Ninan Chacko. “Every year, the intent of this survey is to be both fun and informative. From our ‘What would you do?’ questions to those asking about dream destinations and how survey participants use their vacation days, we are able to more accurately gauge the psyche of American leisure travelers. That, in turn, allows our travel agent experts to better counsel consumers on travel both within the U.S. and to all corners of the world.”
This year’s “What would you do?” survey questions include topics such as: “line cutters” for boarding airplanes and on cruise ships, people behaving badly by damaging historic tourist attractions or abusing airline flight crew members, charging electronics in airline gate areas, and more.
The newest, consumer travel survey from Travel Leaders Group poses questions, such as:
- What is your ultimate dream destination?
- Do you have any concerns about traveling internationally, because of how Americans might be perceived?
- If you were required to obtain a visa for travel to Europe, would that impact your travel decision?
- Do you know if your state-issued driver’s license will be a valid form of ID to board an airplane in 2018?
- Do you typically use all your vacation days during a calendar year? Do you check in with work while on vacation (check emails, voicemail, etc.)?
- If you were at a major tourist attraction and saw another visitor damaging the attraction, what would you do?
- Are you OK with how long it takes to get through airport security? Which airport security measure would you most like to eliminate?
- If there aren’t enough outlets in the gate area to charge your electronics before your flight, what would you do?
- If you were flying alone and a couple or family asked you to switch seats so that they could sit together, what would you do?
- If you were on a cruise and someone cut in front of you in the buffet line, what would you do?
- If cruise passengers near your stateroom were smoking on their veranda (balcony) when it is clearly stated that you are not supposed to do this, what would you do?
Through the years, Travel Leaders Group has built a reputation for gathering extensive travel trends data from its vast network of travel agents and more recently from American consumers and travelers. In this year’s survey – being promoted via Facebook, Twitter, in emails to the company’s various travel agency clients, and on www.TravelLeadersGroup.com – Travel Leaders Group anticipates data from over 3,000 consumers.
Travel Leaders Group is one of North America’s largest travel companies – encompassing nearly one-third of all travel agents – and generates gross travel sales of approximately $21 billion. Travel Leaders Group is a leader in both the retail travel agency space and corporate travel, and it consistently ranks as one of the top travel companies nationwide.
# # #
About Travel Leaders Group
Travel Leaders Group (www.travelleadersgroup.com) is transforming travel with a commitment to our vacation and business travel clients via our progressive approach toward each unique travel experience. Having already assisted millions of travelers – through our beginnings as Carlson Leisure Group, a division of Carlson Companies, TraveLeaders and Tzell Travel Group and through the additions of Nexion, Vacation.com and Protravel International – Travel Leaders Group manages leisure, business and franchise travel operations under a variety of diversified divisions and brands. With annual sales approaching $21 billion through over 7,000 locations, Travel Leaders Group ranks as one of the industry’s largest traditional travel agency companies.