“Romance travel is such a fun niche and represents incredibly exciting, happy times in the travelers’ lives. Travel agents who serve as a consultant for a destination wedding or honeymoon enjoy great satisfaction from assisting with the perfect romantic getaway, and the lucrative earnings opportunity,” said Jackie Friedman, CTC, CTIE, President of Nexion. “A travel professional in romance travel needs to develop special knowledge and skillsets to be able to give their clients the destination wedding or honeymoon of their dreams. Based upon the successful formula of our Luxury Sales Summit, attendees will conclude the event with an array of new ideas and tools to better serve these particular clients.”
Destination weddings and honeymoons continue to be a popular niche specialty for travel agents. A 2017 survey by The Knot showed that 20% of the weddings last year were destination weddings, making this a growing trend for engaged couples. And honeymoons continue to be a strongly held post-wedding tradition, creating numerous opportunities in the romance travel sector.
Nexion members attending the Romance Travel Sales Summit will have the chance to:
- Tour multiple resort properties and conduct in-depth site inspections
- Network with romance travel supplier partners, as well as fellow Nexion members
- Experience a curriculum exclusive to Nexion from thought leaders in the romance travel sector
- Earn credits toward completing the Honeymoon & Destination Wedding Specialist Program
- Attend a variety of offsite parties, including a mock wedding
Immediately following the Romance Travel Sales Summit, Nexion will host its Group Travel Sales Summit. Designed for those new to selling group travel, as well as for those members who want to take their group travel sales to the next level, this summit will feature experts such as:
- Stuart Cohen, Groups Guru, Chief Entrepreneurship Officer, and Creator of Groups Bootcamp
- Leysi Sabates, Global Business Development Manager at Celebrity Cruises, Inc.
- Kevin Kimes, Vice President of Product Management at Travel Leaders Group
Attendees at the Group Travel Sales Summit will be able to work closely with supplier partners to learn how to earn more group business. At the end of the program, they will present their group travel sales ideas to the attending suppliers and experts, for constructive feedback and analysis.