Nexion Travel Group Announces Member Awards at CoNexion 2022
Travel Advisors Honored with a Variety of Recognitions
IRVING, TX (September 26, 2022) – Travel advisors affiliated with Nexion Travel Group, the industry’s premier host agency, were recognized for outstanding achievement during the company’s annual CoNexion conference.
The award winners exemplify the values that make Nexion a leader in the travel industry — constantly seeking new ways to grow their businesses and support their clients, helping each other and their communities, and always remaining positive regardless of the challenges they face.
-Jackie Friedman, President, Nexion Travel Group
The conference, held Sept. 20-22 at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California, brought together travel advisors from the United States and Canada for workshops, sessions with industry leaders and meetings with supplier partners including airlines, hotel chains, tour companies and cruise lines.
- Karen Gordon of Rosemount, Minnesota, Networks Leader of the Year, presented to a Networks group leader who has facilitated the growth and active presence of his or her group as leader or co-leader. Selection criteria include demonstrating perseverance in developing network participation; employing creativity in finding meeting places, including networking virtually during the pandemic; embracing the challenge of getting members to actively participate; maintaining participation through setting interesting agendas; and securing the support and participation of Nexion preferred supplier partners.
- Diane Frisch of Frisco, Texas, Social Pro of the Year, celebrating a member who has demonstrated an outstanding digital presence and elevated social media game through maintaining a vibrant online brand on various major platforms and customized websites.
- Ester Herz of East Wenatchee, Washington, Nexion Townie of the Year, given to an advisor who is consistently active on NexionTown, engaging with colleagues by promoting positivity, valuing quality over quantity in posts, supporting Nexion and its suppliers and providing helpful, accurate information to colleagues.
- Eileen Blum of Bohemia, New York, and Kim McPhail of London, Ontario, Canada, Ray of Positivity, which recognizes members who look on the bright side regardless of the situation and are always ready to offer assistance to fellow advisors and supplier partners, as well as recommend Nexion whenever the opportunity arises.
- Laurie Scott of Bay Shore, New York, and Helayne Hauw of London, Ontario, Canada, Everyone Is In, which recognizes members who always choose inclusiveness, who enjoy bringing people together and value diverse endeavors. Exclusion is not a word in their vocabulary.
- Terri Pascarelli of Naples, Florida, and Gillian Scott, of London, Ontario, Canada, Shoot for the Stars, given to advisors who come up with innovative ideas to attract new clients and retain existing ones. They are constantly on the lookout for new and exciting ways to stay engaged in their business.
- Christine Potthoff of Aurora, Illinois, Community Involvement, presented to a Nexion member in recognition of their work outside of their travel business, including volunteer efforts or philanthropic endeavors.
“I am so proud of each of these award winners,” said Jackie Friedman, CTC, CTIE, President of Nexion Travel Group. “They exemplify the values that make Nexion a leader in the travel industry — constantly seeking new ways to grow their businesses and support their clients, helping each other and their communities, and always remaining positive regardless of the challenges they face.”
All travel professionals interested in learning how to succeed as a professional business owner, backed by Nexion Travel Group’s many great benefits, are encouraged to call 800-747-6813 or email email@example.com.
# # #
About Nexion Travel Group
Nexion® Travel Group is a fully accredited host agency, offering membership to independent travel professionals since 1995. Nexion Travel Group provides ticketing, operations and fulfillment support to independent travel professionals coupled with best-in-class tools, technology, marketing, education and support. As part of Travel Leaders Group, a division of Internova Travel Group, Nexion Travel Group is the complete host agency for multi-agent agencies, corporate agencies, experienced agents and those new to the industry.